The Obligatory ‘About Me’ First Post.
Okay everyone, this is it! Time to start clambering up onto the bandwagon and get a blog going, because it seems like everyone and their cat is creating one these days. The concept of writing down my thoughts is something that I have struggled with for as long as I can remember. But if I can always have access t it while I’m sitting at my work desk waiting for the phone to ring, why not? I won’t be able to come up with an excuse when it crashes and burns.
I could tell you a bunch of random things about me, but in all honesty I like questionnaires more. For one thing, you never know what the next question could be and it covers a wide range of topics. The following is one that I found on the internet thanks to Google, and it’s a wonderful list provided by a blogger on thoughtcatalog. Yes, it is a bunch of questions designated for a crush or date, but what could be better? If you decide to repeatedly come to my blog and check out what I am up to, it’s kinda like forming a relationship with me. Okay, it isn’t, but I liked these questions so you’ll just have to deal with it.
1. What is one thing you will never do again? I will never ever watch Death of a Ghost Hunter. It was a random Blockbuster rental a friend and I picked out when I was a kid, and honestly it was one of the most disturbing, confusing, and downright terrifying things I have ever experienced. Don’t watch it. Trust me. Just thinking about it makes me want to go take a shower in Holy Water.
2. Would you rather be twice as smart or twice as happy? I would really like to say twice as smart, but being smart can sometimes be a pain (for you & others). So I will have to go with twice as happy. Ignorance is bliss, my friend.
3. What happened the last time you cried? I don’t really cry. I tear up, but nothing really happens other than my eyes stinging. And as for the reason that I cried, I had just seen one of those ‘Faith In Humanity Restored’ posts on Tumblr. I don’t know what it is about those posts but they really get me sometimes.
4. What happened the time in your life when you were the most nervous to do something? I got my ears pierced. This may sound really melodramatic, but I am terrified of getting shots/needles stabbed into me. I go into hysterics. But I was tired of having plain earlobes…so I went and only fainted once.
5. What would your parents be surprised to learn about you? I am contemplating getting a tattoo.
6. What’s your worst habit? Biting my fingers/nails. It’s horrendous.
7. What superpower would you have for one day? Controlling the weather. I would make a huge thunderstorm, just to listen to the thunder and watch the lightning.
8. What fictional character do you have the biggest crush on? I am in love with Neal Caffrey from the TV show White Collar. Like…wow. Just wow.
9. Where would you live if you could live anywhere in the world? Alaska.
10. What is your most bizarre pet peeve? I can’t stand touching yarn. I don’t know if that counts as a pet peeve, but I hate it. It sticks to your fingers and feels so awful. Oh, gag.
11. Who knows you the best? Ali, my best friend or Justin, my boyfriend, Who happens to be Ali’s older brother. More on that sometime later.
12. What after school activities did you do in high school? I rode horses and drew pictures and had a job at Shoe Carnival.
13. What “most likely to” superlative would you be most honored to receive? Most Likely To Order Pizza Everyday of the Week
14. What’s the last book you really loved? Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
15. What was the greatest television show of all time? Probably LOST. That show was so agonizingly brilliant.
16. What’s been your favorite age so far? So far being twenty has been the most peaceful.
17. If you could go back in time, what is one piece of advice you would give your younger self? “Stop obsessing and torturing yourself and just deal with it.”
18. What one thing would you be most disappointed if you never got to experience it? Eating a steak. I was a vegetarian for 18 years.
19. Apologize or ask permission? Apologize.
20. Unlimited love or money? You can only print out so much money before the economy explodes, so unlimited love.
21. If you knew you would die in one week, what would you do? Fly back to Texas and ride my horse everyday.
22. What’s your most listened to song? Viva La Vida by Coldplay
23. Beach vacation or European vacation? Europe. There are beaches in Europe, duh.
24. If you could have been a child prodigy what would you have wanted to be skilled at? Drawing.
25. What’s the first thing you would do if you won the lottery? Pay off the house Justin and I live in.
26. What celebrity would you trade lives with? None. Celebrities aren’t real. They hide behind their images and promote and let themselves be seen. The real person is somewhere buried so deeply that no one would recognize them.
27. If you were a performing artist, what would you title your first album? I don’t know why but the word Ro5es popped into my head.
28. What story do your friends still give you crap about? I don’t really get crap for anything, honestly.
29. If earth could only have one condiment for the rest of time, what would you pick to keep around? Uh, Honesy Mustard obviously because it’s obscenely delicious.
30. What is the ideal number of people to have over on a Friday night? Three. Good things come in threes.
31. What was the worst age you’ve been so far? 18 was hell.
32. What is your weirdest dealbreaker? If they are too nice. It makes me uncomfortable.
33. What fictional character reminds you most of yourself? Rapunzel from Tangled.
34. Do you believe in karma? In the spirit of Karma yes I do believe in Karma.
35. What was your favorite TV show as a kid? Teen Titans or Avatar: The Last Airbender. But Avatar is still one of my favorites.
36. What is the weirdest thing you find attractive in a person? Their hands. I have child sized hands, so I sort’ve get weirdly happy when someone can make them look even smaller.
37. What Jeopardy! category would you clear, no problem? Completely Useless Information
38. What is something you’re superstitious about? Wishing on 11:11 am/pm
39. What is the scariest experience you have ever had? It’s something I keep having. The only nightmares I ever have are of the same woman murdering me in really grotesque, Saw-like ways. And I am watching myself die.
40. Who is a non-politician you wish would run for office? I can’t really think of anyone who I would seriously support or even consider.
41. What cheesey song do you have memorized? They say a man should always dress for the job he wants. So why’m I dressed up like a pirate in this restauraunt? It’s all because some hacker stole my identity, and now I’m in here every evening serving chowder and iced tea. Should’ve gone to freecreditreport.com. They could’ve seen this coming at me like an atom bomb. They monitor your credit and send you email alerts so you don’t end up selling fish to tourists in t-shirts.
42. What one dead person would you most like to have dinner with, if it were possible? Nikola Tesla. He was so insanely smart. He blew Thomas Edison out of the water.
43. Do you think it’s important to stay up to date with the news? Yes, but I also think it is dangerous to immerse yourself so much that you get caught up in things that don’t really matter.
44. What is the best present you’ve ever received? My horse, Hunni.
45. Would you give up one of your fingers if it meant you’d have free wifi wherever you go, for the rest of your life? What good is Wi-Fi if I can’t type properly?
46. What’s the first thing you’d do if you were the opposite sex for one day? Eat as much as I possibly could just to see if their huge appetites are real.
47. If someone told you you could give one person a present and your budget was unlimited–what present would you get and for whom? The grill that Justin has been wanting so badly.
48. What is the nicest thing someone could say about you? That I am a princess.
49. Giant house in a subdivision or tiny house somewhere with a view? A tiny house. Less to clean and you can look up at the stars without those city lights.
50. What is the weirdest quirk your family has? Ha. We’re Mormon. Enough said.